Wednesday 14 December 2011

Malin + Goetz

Malin + Goetz is a cult NYC Apothecary brand with a unisex cool feel and natural effective ingredients.  So when the brand offered to send me a selection of samples all the way from New York I jumped at the chance to review the products!



I love the pharmacy feel of the packaging! It has a modern quirky feel to it which is reflected in the products themselves. I received samples of the infamous grapefruit cleanser, detox face mask and vitamin e moisturiser. All three products work incredibly well together and I enjoyed using them as part of my daily routine. I will give you a quick description of the products and how I felt they performed.
 Malin + Goetz Grapefruit face cleanser - £25 (www.zuneta.com)

This cleanser is a gel texture which foams when it comes into contact with water. It gently purifies the skin without stripping it of moisture. I enjoyed using this product, particularly in the morning because the smell of the grapefruit and the light texture is refreshing on the skin. I still prefer using a cream base cleanser in the evening for make up removal however this cleanser is perfect for using in the morning to wake the skin up and create a fresh clean base for make up application. At £25 it is not the most affordable product however I needed a small amount each time and the smell alone makes it worth the money.


Malin + Goetz detox face mask - £29 (www.zuneta.com)

This face mask was a real pleasure to use. As someone who isn't a huge fan of sitting with a mask on, this product is perfect because it starts to foam and disappear on the skin the longer you keep it on so that by the time you wash it off it has practically gone. A very strange sensation because I have previously only used clay masks or heavy textured masks and this one is light as air! My skin felt incredibly clean and fresh after only 5 minutes and this is a great alternative to cleansing because it provides the same fresh feeling but with an even deeper clean. It creates a barrier on the skin to seal in hydration and contains vitamin C and E and soy protein to address ageing concerns. A real hero product.




Malin + Goetz vitamin e face moisturiser - £36 (www.zuneta.com)

This moisturiser is one of the most expensive I have ever tried however the large size of the bottle and small amount of product needed each time, the price can be justified. It is an oil free residue free moisturiser which makes it perfect for deep hydration without clogging up the pores. It is also great for a morning routine because it provides the perfect base for applying make up. The smell is natural and the texture is light but feels like its working with your skin. Contains natural vitamins B5 and E and soothing chamomile with absorbent fatty acids. Like all the other products I tried, this moisturiser is suitable for sensitive skin and ph balances all skin types.

I am impressed with this brand and am delighted to see such a quirky range on the beauty market. The packaging is simple but exciting and suitable for men and women. The products themselves are also unisex and provide clean fragrances with effective results. I already have my eye on many more products from the range including their body care and home products including this Dark Rum candle - £37 (www.zuneta.com)

Take a look at the products and philosophy of the brand at www.malinandgoetz.com or visit www.zuneta.com to buy in the UK

1 comment:

  1. Hey these products look fab the mask sounds great xxx I'm now following u too xxx

    ReplyDelete