Thursday 22 December 2011

Make up Storage

So after years of stuffing my make up and beauty products into various baskets, bags and drawers I decided it was time to get some storage big enough to carry my collection without having to rummage for 10 minutes to find one product! I decided that Ikea was the best place to look for some affordable but effective storage ideas and came across a drawer desk on wheels with plastic drawers and a wooden frame. I chose this because it can be wheeled around my room or bathroom but is sturdy enough to carry my ever growing beauty collection! 



Ikea Antonius white - £44.59 www.ikea.com

I already own a few wicker baskets which I have previously had sitting on my desk top filled with beauty goods so I decided to use these to split the drawers into sections for my smaller items.


Top Drawer 
Front Basket - Face make up: foundations, blushers, bronzers, concealers, highlighters
Back Basket - Eye make up: mascaras, eyeliners, eyeshadows, lashes


Second Drawer
Front Basket - Tools: brushes, puff, sponges, disposables, mirrors, eyelash curlers
Back Basket - Lip products: balms, lipsticks, lipglosses


Third Drawer
Basket - Skincare: Primers, make up removers, serums, eye creams, masks
Perfumes and make up remover wipes


Bottom Drawer
Haircare products: hairsprays, mousses, serums, dry shampoo, sprays

And thats just part of my beauty collection! My tanning products, body care and my skin care routine range is in my bathroom drawers which is fine because I have lots of drawers in my bathroom and don't need to move these products around whereas I like to be able to move my make up products around depending on where I am using them. I am loving this storage system because it makes it so much easier to get ready in the morning and it cost less that £50. 

How do you store your beauty products?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment