I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to nude glosses because I always convince myself that they "go with everything" which they in fact do but why I have at least 10 is a mystery! Anyway, within this collection I have go to colours which never fail me when I need a hint of colour on the lips but nothing too strong or distracting if i'm wearing a smokey eye or casual outfit. I have chosen my top 5 lipglosses in no particular order based on how often I repurchase them, wear them and the versatility of them.
L-R/ bottom to top in all photos:
1. MAC Lustreglass "Love Nectar" is a shimmery peach gloss perfect on its own or as I tend to use it on top of lipsticks. It is the most sheer of my top picks therefore is ideal for giving a matte nude lipstick a gloss finish. The shimmer finish is subtle enough for daytime but I love pairing this with a dark smokey eye for nights out on top of one of my favourite MAC lipsticks "Shy girl"
2. MAC Pro Longwear "Persistant Peach" is a long wearing highly pigmented peach gloss. This colour has the strongest colour of the 5 but I still put it within the nude gloss family because the peach is punchy yet the non shimmer finish is subtle. I tend to wear this alone because it has enough depth to be worn onto the lip without lipstick underneath. The long wear formula is hard to find with glosses so this is a great one for evenings out without having to top up every 10 minutes!
3. Illamasqua "Intimacy" is a true nude with a slight hint of soft pinky peach. This gloss truly goes with any makeup and is perfect for pairing with a dark smokey eye. Again this colour is pigmented and contains no shimmer so can be worn alone without a liner or lipstick however for nights out I like to give it more depth by wearing MAC "Kinda Sexy" matte lipstick underneath for the ultimate true nude lip.
4. Tom Ford "Tawny Pink" is a dusky nude pink with a slight shimmer finish. This a great day time gloss because its so comfortable on the lips and is highly pigmented. The packaging is luxurious, the colour is unique and even as the most expensive of the 5 by far I would still repurchase.
5. MAC Cremesheen gloss "Double Happiness" is a pearl finish gloss which glides on smoothly and really saturates the lips. The cream formula means that the colour is pigmented whilst still being comfortable on drier lips. I use this one in the daytime mainly as the soft nude pink is a lovely addition to natural skin and a soft brown smokey eye.
Am I missing any of your favourites from my collection?