Thursday 1 December 2011

10 questions for a blogger - part 3



Here is the next interview with another of my favourite bloggers of the moment, Laura from lauralovesbeauty :) 
Hope you enjoy reading her answers as much as I did! 





NameLaura


When did you start blogging and what inspired you to start?

I never read blogs until about September, I never knew about them really. I initially got into watching beauty videos on Youtube and people would mention their blogs, so from there I found loads and got hooked instantly (what did I do before blogs?). I have no one really to talk makeup with, as most of my mates are lads, so I used to leave loads of comments on other blog posts as I loved the interacting. I don’t know what possessed me but late one night I thought “surely a handful of people would be interested in what makeup I like” so the blog was BORN, late one October night!

What is your favourite subject to blog on?

It has to be makeup and skincare, I'm starting to get into clothes and hair, but makeup is my guilty pleasure and it’s what attracted me to Youtube and blogging.

Which beauty item should every girl own?

Hmmmm, just one? Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Skin Protectant, I have 3 of these scattered around, it’s the only thing in winter that cures (yes completely eliminates) dry/chapped skin. I count it as a beauty product as it keeps my skin beautiful during the cold months. Plus I've used it to tame my brows and on my lids for a nice dewy summer look I was trying out 

Which make up look are you wearing this season?

This season is all about the nudes for me as I've just purchased the Urban Decay Naked palette, so I'm hooked on that!

Can you recommend five of your favourite blogs?

Obvioudsly I love this one, but I will name 5 others to spread more love x
The girl that got me into the whole blogging world – Fleur De Force - http://fleurdeforce.blogspot.com/
Flossies Beauty Love  http://flossiesbeautylove.blogspot.com/
Nicoletta’s Beauty space - http://nicolettasbeautyspace.blogspot.com/

Which beauty products are currently on your wish list?

Ooooh, i would have to say any Mac product, I have never tried this brand and every blog and its dog go on about it.

What are your top 3 make up brands and why?

Bourjois – I think they have great range and quality, at a high street price. LOVE their Healthy mix foundation
Benefit – a little on the pricey side, but when I want to treat myself I go here. Their products are great quality and I love the packaging.
Elf – I only discovered this brand about 2 weeks ago but as it was so cheap I made a big haul and I'm instantly sold. Great quality, even better price!

What is your greatest beauty product discovery this year?

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. I never really wore foundation, unless it was for a night out but I was recommended this and I've fallen in love with how it looks on my skin. It smells great, leaves my skin feeling and looking flawless and I'm not allergic to it Yay! Best product I've bought and I will definitely re-purchase.

What is your idea of the perfect pampering evening?

PJs, Films, Food and Friends!

If you had one piece of advice for potential bloggers what would it be?

Just enjoy it for what it is. It’s not about gaining anything except advice and friends.

 

Thank you for being involved in my "10 questions for a blogger" post Laura!

If anyone wants to be involved in the next post please do contact me, I love finding out more about fellow beauty bloggers!

x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley, major malfunction, Ive had to change my blog address so heres the new one, one above is deleted. thanks

    http://laurablogsbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete