Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 Favourites

So 2011 is nearly over and it feels like this year has flown by! Its had its highs and lows for me but one thing that has kept me positive is starting this blog and discovering some amazing new products and being able to discuss them with you! So here are a few of my favourite finds this year which may or may not be new products but things that I have finally tried or have continued to love since last year.


Favourite Cleanser 

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - I still can't find any cleanser that I love more!

Favourite Toner

Liz Earle skin boosting tonic - Gentle and light but effective

Favourite Day Moisturiser

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion - affordable,very light in texture and does what it says it will

Favourite Night Moisturiser

Liz Earle skin repair - Almost buttery texture provides moisture and smells lovely

Favourite eye cream

Decleor hydra floral anti pollution flower dew moisturising gel cream - Delicate, luxurious and feels lovely on the skin. Perfect for morning or evening

Favourite face mask

Malin + Goetz detox face mask - light texture which is great for those who don't like the feel of a mask and instantly brightens and softens skin

Favourite serum

Angela Langford perfect pores - a plumping serum which uses natural ingredients and smells divine

Favourite facial oil

Green people facial oil - anti ageing, full of fantastic ingredients and 99.9% organic

Favourite exfoliator

Angela Langford scrub up - soft but effective, unclogs pores and helps prevent blackheads and grime build up

Favourite lip scrub

Lush sweet lips scrub - tastes like vanilla and chocolate but really gets to work at dry lip skin

Favourite lip balm

Bilstex lip brilliance - a softening balm which gives lips a hint of pink colour. pretty and moisturising

Favourite foundation

Chanel vitalumiere aqua - light buildable coverage with a dewy finish. love it!

Favourite concealer

Laura mercier - Wonderful textures and shades for concealing blemishes and under eye circles

Favourite Bronzer

Chanel soleil de tan - soft creamy texture, summer bronze colour and lasts forever

Favourite Blusher

Topshop cream blush - lovely light texture which lasts on the skin and gives a natural flush to cheeks

Favourite Highlighter

MAC strobe cream - gives an illumination to the skin and applies like a dream!

Favourite high end mascara

Lancome hypnose drama - an odd shaped curvy brush gives surprising volume and length

Favourite drug store mascara

Bourjois Volumizer - I was blown away by the volume created by the 2 step wand mascara!

Favourite eyeliner

Bobbi brown gel liner/ Maybelline gel liner - Gel is still my first choice of liner and these both provided excellent results for any budget.

Favourite powder

MAC mineralize skin finish - Soft, natural finish and feels light on the skin

Favourite eye shadow

Chanel illusion d'ombre - incredible texture and finish. I will be buying more!

Favourite lipstick

MAC shy girl - a nude shade which works alone or under gloss for a natural lip finish

Favourite lipgloss

Revlon colourburst in Peony - a real find for me, this colour is almost identical to my favourite Chanel gloss and the texture is fantastic

Favourite beauty tool

Shu Uemura eyelash curlers - still the best in my opinion and never let me down! a handbag essential

Favourite perfume

Jo malone pomegranate noir - this scent is deep, sophisticated and luxurious

Favourite bath product

Laura mercier almond coconut milk - this bath collection smells divine and makes bathing a real treat!

Favourite body moisturiser

Palmers cocoa butter - a cult classic in my collection, this provides moisture and a gorgeous smell

Favourite Self tan

Xen tan dark lotion - This brand is still my number one because the colour is deep, olive toned and natural

Favourite Nail polish

OPI "coney island cotton candy" - This neutral pink tone is perfect because I can wear it to work and it makes my nails look clean and pretty

Favourite discovery of the year 

For me this is the discovery that drug store brands have really blossomed within the last year with many affordable products providing results as good as high end ranges. Brands such as Sleek, MUA, VIVO and Elf cosmetics have all impressed me this year and I will definitely be buying more affordable products in 2012.


Sorry for the lack of visual stimulation in this post but I just wanted to share a list of my favourites, many of which I have reviewed on my blog before or used in a FOTD. I would love to see some more lists like this on other blogs so please feel free to use my list and include your own favourites! 

I would like to thank all of you for your support during this first year of blogging and I am looking forward to being part of this wonderful blogging community in 2012!



9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    You've picked a few of my favourites too, amongst them Pomegranate Noir, Chanel Illusion d'Ombres and Top Shop Cream Blush.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have topshop cream blush in Nutmeg.Love their blushes so easy to blend too
    Great blog:)

    h0lliedays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria - how beautiful is pomegranate noir mmm! happy new year!

    Hollie - The blushes are fab! so impressed with topshop make up! I am off to check out your blog now :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post!! There's so many products you listed that I love too. Every month I do a post of my favorite products and I was thinking about doing something like this. So i might use your list and of course mention you in the post.

    Happy New Year!!
    Kelly
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks kelly! yeah sure feel free to borrow my list, i think i included pretty much everything! its my first favourites post but i really liked doing it :)

    Happy new year!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following, am following back :) Great post, I've added a few things to my beauty wishlist that I want to try out! I love Lush's Sweet Lips and Palmers body lotion xx

    Happy New Year!

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks evelyn :) love your blog name btw! happy new year!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    Laur x

    Www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete