Monday 24 October 2011

If you like pink glitter......

......you NEED this nail colour from OPI! Excuse Moi! is another glitter beauty from the OPI Muppets Collection Christmas 2011. If you are not much of a girly girl this colour might not be the one for you, but as it turns out I am a lover of all things glitter when it comes to nails and so this was at the top of my wish list when the collection came out.


*swoon*
Excuse Moi! £10.50 www.lenawhite.co.uk

This colour is in my opinion the perfect colour for party season. I have so many red and burgundy shades ready for winter, but this lacquer blends pink and glitter perfectly to create a colour to suit any occasion. I paired this colour with a nude shirt and fur gilet over the weekend and it looked great. OPI is an amazing brand used by professional nail technicians worldwide and therefore the quality of the product is second to none. The application was as easy as any other OPI lacquer, the glitter glided onto the nail with no problems and created an evenly spaced sparkle effect without the need to move any glitter particles around myself. The colour is pink but not sickly, with a slight red hue to it.



This is definitely a new favourite for me. It would also look great on toes and would look great on holiday when the sun could pick up the effect of the glitter tones. I used a base coat to protect the nails, Nail Envy by OPI, then 2 coats of the lacquer, followed by a clear top coat by Rimmel to produce this result. I usually find that glitter polishes need at least three coats to get good coverage over the nail however two was enough and I could even have gotten away with one coat. The only downside of this product is that it took me a good amount of time to remove it before work this week! I soaked cotton pads in nail polish remover but it still took some effort to remove all traces of glitter and so be prepared to put in some work if you choose this lacquer. However, I believe it is worth it :) The polish lasted perfectly all weekend and only a few chips began to appear whilst I was doing tasks.

Please leave a comment on this fab colour and sign up to follow my blog if you like! More amazing OPI colour reviews coming very soon........

1 comment:

  1. I have this polish and I love it! Just randomly came across your blog, great work!

    ReplyDelete