Friday 4 November 2011

Makeovers at the Aussie-versary event

On Saturday night I was invited to be part of the make up artist team for an event hosted by Aussie Haircare. The brand had hosted an online competition to find ladies who would win a place at the party, where they could get makeovers from a hair, make up and nail team. As part of the make up artist team, I had access to Maxfactor make up supplied by the company so I only needed to take my brushes and disposables with me which was great for travel as well as the perfect opportunity to try out Maxfactor make up brand which I have previously had very little experience of. 
The event was located on the rooftop at Century Club on Shaftesbury Avenue, Central London and kitted out to a summer beach theme which was a reflection of the Aussie brand. There were topless Aussie waiters and exotic plants adding to the Aussie atmosphere too. As about 150 people were attending we were advised to spend about 15 minutes per client on a quick makeover with a natural summer look using the products given. The range was fantastic with many eyeshadows, foundations and lip colours to choose from......


mmm Maxfactor goodies!


I was generally very impressed with the products. The Maxfactor miracle touch illusion foundation was perfect for creating a flawless but light base and the smokey eye effect eyeshadow was ideal for creating a quick dramatic eye look in the various colours available. The colour elixir lipsticks were also highly pigmented and available in a large range of colours, with Ruby Tuesday, a strong red and Angel Pink, a nude light pink my two favourites.

I met some amazing girls at the event, all of whom had a passion for beauty and many of whom were beauty bloggers which meant that the conversations were fun and interesting. I gave each girl the look that they desired, which included natural bronzed skin and nude lips to smokey eyes and bold red lips. One of the girls came to the event with gothic vamp make up and wanted a quick change into girly and pretty which was a challenge in 15 minutes but I went for a light pink shimmer eyeshadow and bright pink lips with flawless skin which looked great on her! She was particularly scared of bronzers because of her pale complexion but using the Maxfactor mineral bronzer I showed her how to warm up her skin gently and achieve a healthy glow to the skin. 
I met the lovely Tanya, who has her own blog www.sassy-rambling.blogspot.com whom I gave a grey smokey eye look with natural lips to compliment her gorgeous red hair.


Myself and Tanya

The event was an enjoyable evening and I met some talented hair stylists, make up artists and nail technicians and fellow beauty addicts! It was also perfect for improving my make up skills and working to a strict time schedule to create the clients desired look. Congratulations Aussie UK on hosting an excellent evening with a great combination of beauty, style and Aussie atmosphere!


No comments:

Post a Comment