Tuesday 10 April 2012

NOTD - Pastels and Brights

One of my favourite trends at the moment in both fashion and make up is pastel shades and bright/neon colours and I love the fact that despite the tones being so different they can work in unison to create a modern yet feminine look. I have purchased quite a few clothing items which reflect the trend and have bought a couple of eyeshadows/liners to compliment them and decided it was time to get my nails involved!


I used my current favourite polish Essie "She's Picture Perfect" all over the nails and applied two coats to create a solid deep colour. I then applied Jessica Sunset Plaza (one of my all time favourite pinks) to the tip of the nail carefully using the shape of the brush to sweep over the end of the nail. I then applied a top coat to hold the colour in place and give the nails a sheen.


I love the combination of pastel lilac and bright pink and I think they work amazingly well together! This nail look will be perfect for the summer months and will compliment my bright pink blazer and pastel green eyeliner.


I love looking at nail art on blogs and always feel inspired to recreate them but some of them are far too time consuming and due to work I am not allowed to wear bright colours so am usually only wearing these looks over the weekend but this was surprisingly quick to achieve and I will definitely be trying it with more colours.

x

1 comment: