Monday 26 September 2011

ooh la la Diptyque!

As you may have guessed I love trying out new fragrances so when Diptyque sent me some samples I was more than excited! I have tried a couple of the scents before in Liberty and Space NK whilst browsing but I have never tried the body lotions and shower gels which I was desperate to try. Diptyque Paris is a luxury french beauty brand most famous for their fragrances and candles. Because of the high price point of the brand I have never treated myself to the items but they have always been on my wishlist so imagine my excitement when I opened my package and saw this:


The Diptque team sent me a huge selection of both Eau de toilette and Cologne with some information about the brand. Each fragrance sample was a good size which allowed me to wear each scent on more than one day so I really got a chance to test the longevity and the notes of the scent and decide whether i would purchase them myself.




They also sent me samples of their shower gels, hand lotions and body lotions which I was thrilled about as I only usually use affordable body and hand lotions and have never splashed out on expensive body care products. So let me share a few of my favourites from the collection with you.........


Philosykos- Eau de Toilette 100ml-£68 50ml-48

This scent is a cult classic for Diptyque. With notes of fig and cedar it is very much a unisex scent, which smells woody but fruity. It is very light but long lasting and suitable for all seasons but in my opinion it is perfect for spring/summer months because it reminds me of holidays in a warm climate. I used the shower gel in the morning, then applied the body lotion and finished with a few sprays of the fragrance and I can honestly say that the scent lasted all day. I sometimes think that companies encourage you to buy all three products in order to sell as many products as possible with the end result being no different to using fragrance alone, however in this case I really could smell the difference and using all three products of the same fragrance was a pleasurable experience.


Eau Duelle- Eau de toilette 

Another of my favourites scents, Eau Duelle, is another unisex fragrance but this one is softer with a light but modern scent. With notes of vanilla and frankincense it created the perfect balance between sweet and spicy and would suit any occasion. I personally like this scent for Autumn because it has a hint of summer but is quite sexy and woody, perfect for this transition of seasons. Both of the above fragrances are going on my wish list!

The texture of the shower gels and body lotions are luxurious and feel wonderful on the skin. The shower gel lathered nicely and the aroma filled the shower meaning I stayed in a little longer than usual. The lotion hydrated the skin and was well fragranced but was not too overpowering meaning you could combine with your own perfume or simply go without as the scent lingered on the skin for hours after. Overall I was impressed with the range. The packaging, the scents, the textures all create a truly luxurious and expensive feeling experience. I am not sure that I could justify spending about £30 on body lotion or £68 on perfume for myself however I would certainly put the products on my Christmas list! If you feel like spoiling yourself check out this beautiful range online at www.diptyqueparis.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment