Tuesday 11 February 2014

The amazing Beauty Blender




I love brushes. I have a makeup brush addiction and am constantly buying new ones for myself and my kit. So when I first heard about Beauty Blenders, a sponge to apply foundation and concealer I was sceptical to say the least. I could not understand why anyone would choose to apply foundation with a sponge especially top make up artists. However I was randomly shopping in Guru Make up Emporium and spotted a duo pack of Beauty Blenders and thought why not give them a go. I left them in my drawer for ages, desperate to stick to my stippling brush ways, but a couple of months ago I decided to break open the packaging and apply my foundation with one. 



The sponge on the left has been used. On the right is brand new.


The sponge almost doubles in size when immersed into water and used. The new blender on the right looks much more appealing!

I had heard that it was best to dampen the sponge first with water squeezing out any excess water and then apply liquid foundation. It was as I first began to apply my liquid that I suddenly realised what all the fuss was about. My foundation literally disappeared onto my skin, blending in perfectly. I stippled the sponge onto the skin, pressing product onto the areas I wanted and could not believe how perfectly natural my skin looked. It was perfected but still looked like skin. I used the pointy tip to apply concealer and once again was astounded by the ease of application and flawless finish. 

I am by no means giving up on my foundation brushes however this has really opened my eyes to how many ways there are to use tools and makeup to provide results and I can honestly say that I will be repurchasing these blenders when mine have come to the end of their life. I will buy the duo pack again as it is much more cost effective at around £20 for the two. There are dupes out there for a cheaper price so may try them out but usually the original is best with these products so I am happy to pay for a good quality product that works!

A truly remarkable product!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment