Monday 20 May 2013

Current top 5 moisturisers

I am always trying new products so my favourites are always changing but there a special few products that always seem to hold their place in my collection and get repurchased. I thought I would share my current favourite moisturisers with you because there are so many choices on the market it can be tough to make a decision! I have normal/combination skin with few breakouts so these products are based on my skin type and experience.


The chosen 5!

Xen tan face tanner luxe
Dermalogica Skin smoothing cream
Khiels midnight recovery concentrate
Embryolisse lait creme concentre
Ren Bio Retinoid anti-ageing cream



These first three are more suitable for daytime use and I mainly use these in the morning before makeup.

I am a tanaholic so the Xen tan is perfect for giving a subtle healthy tan in the morning and does a great job of moisturising the skin too. A lot of facial tanners can be lacking in enough colour for me but this one has a real golden finish which looks great alone or underneath makeup.

The Dermalogica skin smoothing cream is great for combination skin and truly does make the skin feel smoother and softer. I tend to use this on my days off or before bed because it is a little bit too much under makeup for my shiny t zone. It has no distinct smell so would be great for people who don't like strong perfumed products. 

Embryolisse is a makeup artist must have because it sinks into skin quickly and provides a great base for makeup. I first heard about this product through Pixiwoo and have loved it ever since! It is hydrating but feels super light on the skin and has a lovely creamy texture. A must have for under makeup!



My last two favourites I use only at night time. The first is a sample from REN of their bio retinoid anti ageing cream. I have yet to invest in this cream purely because I don't feel I need anti ageing products just yet (although not far off!) but for anyone looking for a luxurious moisturiser is a lovely product. It smells great as most REN products do and I love putting a layer on my skin before bed for a nighttime treat.

Kiehls midnight recovery concentrate is as the name would suggest to be used at night only. This is a recent discovery for me and I adore it! It can be worn alone or under moisturiser for a more hydrating treatment. It contains beautiful smelling oils and natural ingredients and glides onto skin like a dream. I would highly recommend this when you want your skin to look better by morning but haven't got time for a facial!

I have also just invested in a brand new skincare regime so will blog about that soon! 

x
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love moisturiser and always need it, I love La Roche Posay Repair Balme and E45

    Just followed your blog!

    Beth May Blogs

    ReplyDelete