Tuesday 22 January 2013

Practising Facecharts

Part of my job means that I spend an alloted time each week creating make up looks for the team at work. This means putting pen to paper and developing facecharts. I have always struggled with facecharts purely because it is so different to working on a person and the products you want to use don't always apply well onto paper. It is sometimes very frustrating having a clear picture in your mind of what you want to create but not being able to move that idea onto a sheet of paper. I can see a slight improvement in my facecharts since I first started but am always practising and keen to find new tips. Here are some examples of what I have created and some tips I have learnt along the way from fellow makeupartists and members of my team!



The MUJI pen is a must have for creating liner and lashes!


Using a MAC 252 brush creates the perfect contour shape on cheeks


Leave small areas clean on the lips to give a 3D lip finish


Shading the nose and chin area give a more human look to the face

Here are some of the facechart images I have been collecting on Instagram which inspire me to keep practising! Follow these amazing makeup artists for more inspiration!






How incredible are they?

If you have any facechart tips for me please leave a comment below!

x




3 comments:

  1. I love looking at face charts but I hate creating them with an absolute passion. It frustrates me that I can create the look on a face but not on a page so I usually throw the towel in.

    Your face charts are fab and you can see how you've evolved with them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a girl who does that also for her part of the job, she always saying what a nightmare it is. I wouldn't know where to start.
    I like the 4th picture down.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear! i just found your blog and i love it! i really love your makeup style! i was wondering ..would you be interested in following each other?

    ReplyDelete