Tuesday 9 October 2012

September MAC favourites

I can't believe it is October already but this new month is the perfect time to look back on my favourite products of September! I have chosen my favourite MAC products but will be doing a general updated skincare, bodycare and haircare favourites post soon too. As a MAC retail artist I am constantly surrounded by the products and am always drawn to certain products whether it be because of the pretty packaging, impressive colours or how it helps me to create a flawless finish. It is always hard to pick favourite because they change almost daily but here are the products that I have been using or loving the most during the last month.

MAC Studio Sculpt foundation in NC37





I do like to wear a good coverage foundation particularly on counter and this is a great alternative to my usual Studio fix Fluid. Studio sculpt is a hydrating gel based liquid foundation which is fantastic for normal to dry skin types. As a normal/combination skin type I have always used studio fix which provides great coverage but I wanted to see if my skin took as well to this more hydrating formula. And I love it! It feels so comfortable on the skin despite giving a flawless finish and covering all my problem areas. The tube is so handy for carrying round and the formula lasts all day on me without going patchy on my dry areas. NC37 is a great colour for my skin with a layer of self tan on and it blends in beautifully with a 188 brush. I would highly recommend this for those of you with any dry areas or fairly normal skin who want a beautiful natural finish with impressive coverage.

MAC Supercontinental blush

This peachy toned shimmer blush is part of the limited edition Styleseeker collection which launched last month. It is almost like a mix of my favourite two blushers Melba and Margin to create a soft peach with a sheen to it that makes the skin look radiant. I would recommend this blusher to anyone who likes coral or peach tones and would suit any fair to medium skin tones. Because this is limited edition you may want to order online as the product is sold out in many stores! It is lovely to find a peach tone which is soft enough for Autumn but would still give a great pop of colour when used a little stronger in Summer months.

MAC 209 brush






I am a gel liner addict and have always been on the hunt for the perfect liner brush for applying on top and bottom and to create flicks at the edge. The 209 is the perfect brush in my opinion. It is soft enough to use in the waterline yet firm enough to apply enough product for strength of colour. I use it right in the inner corner with its pointed end and the shape allows you to produce a vintage flick in an instant. It is the perfect size for a line on the top lash line glides like a dream! If you use gel liner this is a must have!

MAC Soft and Gentle




This product is a highlight junkies dream. It is a soft mineral powder formula with a warm skin coloured tone and shimmer texture for highlighting any areas of the face. I use this to highlight the cheekbones, the nose, the top lip and the brow bone. The shimmer itself is not too glittery and therefore not too unnatural for day wear however this is a product that I use mostly for nights out. The sheen picks up incredibly well in photos and when used with a contour powder or bronzer makes the cheekbones really stand out. It is a flattering colour on many skintones and I like to use it with a 109 brush on the cheekbones and a 224 on smaller areas.

MAC Impassioned lipstick





I have been wearing this colour a lot recently purely because it makes such an impact on its own that it allows me to do more simple eye looks such as mascara and liner on my days off and I am ready to go! Impassioned is a popular colour on celebrities such as Rhianna and Jessie J because its neon pink tone is modern and fresh but flatters many skin tones. It is a brave choice of lipstick there is no doubt about that but I always invite people to try it because despite its neon appearance in the packaging it actually comes out a little softer on the lips and is a beautiful hot pink shade with an almost coral undertone. It is a real one of a kind in my opinion and a must have for any lipstick addicts

Of course there are many other products which I adore but these have been my must haves this month and I seem to use them time and time again. 

What are your current MAC favourites and have you tried any of mine?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment