Wednesday 19 March 2014

March Empties

I seem to have run out of everything at the same time this month so I thought I would share my empties with you and let you know if I will be repurchasing or not and why! 







Laura Mercier Radiance primer - £29 Space NK

Luckily I currently have two of these so this isn't too painful of a loss however my second tube is dangerously close to finishing too! The fact that I have two anyway tells you just how much I love this product and I will be buying another to replace this empty. I have tried ALOT of primers from budget to high end, dewy to matte, in search of the perfect base for my makeup and have pretty much come to the conclusion that nothing beats this primer in terms of texture, longevity and finish. I have pretty normal skin with some combination aspects and I adore dewy/satin finish skin for myself. I love this primer because it contains just the right amount of pearly glow to brighten dull skin but without any glitter or shimmer particles. It is a warm beige colour with a true luminous finish and looks beautiful worn alone or underneath foundation. Once the foundation is applied you still get the look of being lit from within and the foundation stays perfect all day. I will be trying the radiance bronze version too this summer which has recently launched! 

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde - £15.50 Cult Beauty

It might seem a little dramatic but I was actually devastated when I finished this pencil the other morning. I let out a shriek as I realised it was empty which made me realise just how essential it is in my every day routine. This brow pencil is by far the best brow pencil I have ever used. It is the perfect size for filling in each and every hair, looks completely natural but can be built up for a stronger evening look. The texture is creamy but firm so application is quick and easy and the product lasts all day without touch ups. The fact the pencil has a brush on the other end to comb through the hairs makes it even more handy for on the go and the colour Ash Blonde is the perfect balance between warm and cool to suit blondes! I have tried many brow pencils including MAC and Tom Ford and this is the only one I have continued to repurchase time and time again. I will be re ordering immediately!

Algenist complete eye renewal balm - £48 Space NK

The first of two eye creams that I have finished this month, this luxury balm has been a joy to use. I bought it last year after talking to an Algenist rep in Space Nk and loved the idea of using a balm texture rather than a cream as I often find eye creams too heavy especially if using before makeup. This balm is rich but lightweight and targets fine lines and dark circles. Dark circles are one of my biggest concerns when it comes to my skin and this did go some way to helping with them however the change wasn't big enough to convince me that I NEED to repurchase so I will be trying other eye creams this year. I have my eye on the Colbert MD and Zelens eye cream which are much more pricey but I feel that because my dark circles bother me, eye cream is one of the things I want to invest in so I don't mind spending to find the perfect product for me. However I would highly recommend this eye cream as it has been a pleasure to use every day and the pot has lasted ages! 

Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream - £31 Bobbi Brown

The second of my eye creams I have finished, this was actually a sample size given to me to try but the size was so good that it has taken me a long time to finish it! This is much more of a cream texture, aimed at hydrating the area so especially good for people with drier skins. I personally enjoyed using this cream as it feels instantly hydrating and despite the thicker texture it does sink pretty quickly into the skin. However it just didn't do much for my dark circles and felt a little too heavy under makeup so I will not be purchasing the full size. I usually find the makeup companies don't do skincare quite as well as skin care companies so whilst this is cosmetically pleasing to the eye because it reduces dryness I couldn't see many long term benefits. However if you do suffer with dryness around the eye area you may well enjoy this product. 

Kerastase Mousse Bouffante - £16.60 Feel Unique 

My hair is naturally straight and fine so despite having a lot of hair I struggle to get any volume into it. I bought this mousse as I have always enjoyed using Kerastase products and was keen to try their styling range. I like this mousse because it is not sticky or uncomfortable and smells fantastic however I didn't get the results I was hoping for. It built a little volume however I was hoping for more from this high end brand. I have recently purchased the Oribe grande plumping mousse to try out and after only one use I had fuller hair and the texture and smell are divine. It is much more pricey but the results were instant compared to the Kerastase so I will be sticking to the Oribe from now on!

Soap and Glory mini Scrub em and leave em body buff - £2.50 Boots

Theres no denying that Soap and Glory products are an absolute bargain and smell fantastic so when I saw this mini scrub in Boots I thought I would give it a go. I tend to exfoliate mainly pre tanning or to remove self tan and like my scrubs to really get rid of all dead skin cells but not leave my skin feeling tight or too dry. I really enjoyed using this product and despite being a miniature it did last me a little while and did a good job of removing old self tan from my body. I wasn't as keen on the scent as their Flake Away scrub but it was still fresh and yummy! I am always trying new body scrubs to find the perfect one so will not be purchasing the full size but will definitely grab a couple of the minis for when I go away on short trips or holiday! 

Bobbi Brown extreme party mascara - £19 Bobbi Brown

I was inspired by Jesse Walker, friend and fellow makeup artist/shopaholic to give this mascara a go. I had never tried Bobbi Brown mascaras and she told me that for the volume and length I wanted the extreme party one was the way to go. The first thing I loved about this mascara was the size. It is a fairly small tube and therefore perfect for travel or carrying in my make up bag. I also loved the sleek dark silver packaging. The brush itself is pretty chunky and I would say a classic brush style. I was super impressed with the black pigment in this and the way the volume could be built up with several coats without looking clumpy or feeling crispy. I am always trying new mascaras with Chantecaille Faux Cils being my latest purchase since this mascara finished last week however I would highly recommend the extreme party mascara for guaranteed volume and length in the perfect handy size!

Elemental Herbology Purify and Soothe cleansing balm - £30 Space NK

I enjoy using balm cleansers at night because I feel that they truly break down any grime or makeup to reveal clean yet hydrated skin. I love massaging a balm cleanser onto my skin after using an oil to break down the makeup first and then wiping off the balm using a muslin cloth. I have tried lots of cleansing balms so when I saw the Elemental Herbology balm I knew I had to give it a go. Up until using this the Emma Hardie balm had been my favourite however over Winter this purify and soothe balm became an absolute must have. It is targeted at more dry skins so whilst I am normal to combination most of the year I wanted to try something a little more hydrating for the winter months and this didn't disappoint. I would highly recommend this balm because the smell is wonderful, the texture is balmy yet silky and it leaves no nasty residue behind after removing with a cloth. I will probably try a different cleanser now that Spring/Summer is here however I may well go back to this balm when Winter approaches again!


Please leave any of your suggestions for products I should try next below as I love to try new brands! 

x


2 comments:

  1. I'm just about to try out that primer, really excited after reading this!
    http://www.shemightbeloved.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its perfection! let me know how you get on! thanks for the comment :) x

      Delete